Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

iPod 4G black screen, unresponsive, stuck during restore

Hi there, I would like to know if anyone has had this problem and if it has been resolved. I've encountered myself to be stuck in this loop of "waiting for ipod" when trying to restore the ipod to ios 6.1.3. It was previously on ios 6.1.2. This is my GF's ipod and she had told me she was using it just fine, but once putting it into her bag, and checking it again the screen had gone entirely black. She'd charge it assuming it was dead but it had gone into a recovery/DFU mode loop. Everytime I plug it into my computer I receive a message that it is in recovery mode and must be restored. I remind you again that no combination of buttons will cure the screen at this point. Holding home + power button for a few seconds for a soft reset just shows the same message when plugged in. Anyway, as I try to update, the screen turns on showing the apple logo and loading bar, but then once the step gets to "waiting for ipod" nothing works. I've tried letting it sit there for over 2 hours, but nothing. I have yet to find a solution, and it's become quite frustrating. Please let me know if you have any idea how to fix this. I've tried messing around using different methods such as iRec, TinyUmbrella, Redsn0w recovery, messing with hosts files, firewall, etc.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment