Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Are any iTouch 5 users experiencing frequest "USB Power surge" on their computer?

So I've had my iTouch 5 since Christmas, but recently I've gotten a rather frightening error on my Windows 7 laptop. Usually in the morning I plug my iTouch in to charge without turning on my laptop. It charges just fine and I'm able to avoid the hassle of quickly turning on my laptop to charge it or whipping out my wall plug. But on Friday the 15th I received an error in the little tray of my laptop; "USB power surge on hub port" I thought it was nothing, but when I clicked the window and read it through, it said that clicking "cancel" would CLOSE the USB port permanently! I thought "No way this could be an iPod glitch," so I tried plugging in other things into the USB ports. My flash drives worked fine, my Wacom Bamboo Tablet worked just fine, but even as we speak my iTouch is sitting next to me peacefully plugged into one of my laptop's 3 USB ports. I go to play an app on it and now it just gave me the error again. But I exited the app and now it's connecting and unconnecting? Please tell me it's just a faulty cable or something like that. And please, tell me someone else is having this issue too. Has anyone fixed it or found the issue?


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment