Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

iTunes combines stereo mixes to mono

What have they done?

I use my Touch to run backing tracks for live performances for a cover band.
Ever since I did the latest "upgrade" to iTunes....my sequences are coming out mono...
I'm pretty sure the crowd and dancers aren't interested in the click track that should only be in the drummer's ear.

If I play the sequences back through Media Player or any other player, the separation is there..Click right, program material left.
When I try to play them on iTunes...click and program are together.

I'm told that there's a software change in the latest version where, if there's a great disparity between the volume levels of the left/right channels, that iTunes tries to correct it, and if it's a large discrepancy, it just combines the tracks to mono.
This isn't going to work at all.

Guess I have to start lugging the laptop around and run it all off Ableton....

Well, THAT *****....lol


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment