Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

iMessage "check email for verification" error

I've seen DOZENS of these support questions. Some answers work for some people, some don't.

 

Originally when I turned on my iPod I thought I set it up so that I would have an Apple ID for iTunes and an Apple ID for Facetime/iMessage. I thought I screwed it up by doing this and did something wrong. Come to find, seems like just about everyone is having this issue.

 

In my research I have found and tried the following ways to fix this...and they have not worked.

 

Tried turning date/time to auto (already was set up this way)

Tried changing the DSN data to the 8.8.8.8 as suggested, nothing.

Tried resetting to factory settings (about 10 different times)

Checked Apple ID info, had a couple email addresses attached to that ID that weren't verified but the main email was. That is now fixed.

 

It seems no matter what I do, I keep getting "unable to verify address. An email with a verification link has been sent to the above email address" If I go to Apple, my ID is already verified with that email address.

 

I have a scheduled call with Apple today an a couple hours. I might not be able to make it so I went back to reschedule it, and now they are telling me I need to pay $60 to talk to someone, and that I don't have any tech support for my device because it is expired. Um, what? I just bought this a week ago!

 

If anyone can help, I would be very greatful. This is so frustrating. I'm pretty good at computers and all that stuff, and I just cannot figure this one out for the life of me.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment