Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Music erases sporadically after connection maintained for 1+ hours

I have a 5th gen iPod touch that normally is connected to a Mac. Until about 15 minutes ago, I was running 6.0.1. It has always been set up to manage music maually, as I don't want to use the sync option.

 

I bring it into the office and sometimes will use the USB to connect it to my PC to play music from my iPod via iTunes. About 1 month prior, suddenly all my music & movies & videos were erased from my iPod with no warning or notification. I figured it was a fluke and disregarded it. The same thing happened to me today again. I had been playing music and had the iPod connected since 9 AM with no issues, and had been playing music throughout the day. About 30 minutes earlier, all my music & movies & videos erased again. I ejected the iPod, and then reconnected it (still running 6.0.1 at this point and iTunes is 10.7). The playlists all still show with the same names, but the music in them cannot be found. I then upgraded to 6.1 for the iPod and the same issue was still there.

 

Now the strange part is when I connect the iPod, the summary shows me that my music, etc. is all still there! When I try to play anything, it gievs me the same message. Anyone ever have this issue or having it after upgrading?


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment