Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

iPod Touch 4 Never Ending Bootloop after updating to 6.1 from 5.1.1!!


I updated my brothers iPod Touch 4 this afternoon when I noticed that 6.1 was out (from 5.1.1, I know, I am slow) from the iOS Itsself (in Settings). The battery was fully charged.. but in the middle of the update, it got stuck in a never ending boot loop.



Just like that, in the update after the bar made it all the way across, it rebooted, and continued rebooting for ever.



I googled around and found out I could put it in recovery mode (connec to iTunes).. which I did, updated to the latest version of iTunes, and then tried to restore it again that way. iTunes rarely works for me. It keeps throwing an error at me, 54? I'll have to see what that was again...



What I am really wondering, is what can I do to fix this myself? Anyone had this problem? Thanks!



I am on a Windows 7 platform. The iPod stays on with the apple logo no more than 5 seconds before rebooting and repeating that over and over and over again.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment