Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Trying to update iPT 2G from 2.2.1 to 4.0.2 but get error -1. Help?

Hi:)

I'm trying to revive an older 16gb iPod Touch 2G (it's an MB) for my friend's daughter.  Every time I try to update through iTunes, it says "The iPod could not be restored.  An unknown error has ocurred (-1)".

My friend confirmed that it was not "jailbroken".  I have the latest version of iTunes.  I completely wiped the iPod a week ago.  It defaulted to iOS 2.2.1.  I don't think it's a communication problem because I can "downgrade" it to iOS 2.2.

I'm not very techy and am pulling my hair out.  We can't download any apps without the newer iOS:(

Please let me know if I'm missing any necessary info.  Thanks in advance to anybody who can provide some direction with this issue.

peace-


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment