Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

iPod Touch 5th Gen. on the Fritz?

I just recently bought an iPod Touch 5th Generation and I've only had it roughly four months.. I bought it from Walmart (and the receipt has disappeared, making this problem even worse).

 

Anyhow, I haven't dropped it, I've made sure to keep all liquids away from it... But it started acting up about a week and a half ago.

 

At first, the touch screen was registering touches and opening apps/selecting options though I wasn't touching it or anywhere near it (this only happened a couple times though in the first few days, so I didn't pay much mind to it, figured it was a fluke).

 

Then it had faint, transparent, rainbow, vertical lines through it. But it continued to work just fine otherwise.

 

Next whenever I would close an app, the app would still appear on screen, though transparent and the app was closed.

 

Back to the opening and closing unprompted and blahblahblah.

 

Then the touch screen would stop working randomly and would only work again for about ten seconds after hitting the "Home" button on the bottom of the touch screen.

 

Then the transparent rainbow lines stopped showing up all together, but now there are blue vertical lines that sometimes flicker, sometimes don't show up, and the touch screen DOES NOT WORK for even a split second..

 

HELP!

 

I'm really unhappy. I had the iPod Touch 4th Generation and loved it but lost it and since I was so attached to that one, I figured buying another would be a worthwhile investment (I don't have a cell phone or my own computer, so this is the only way I can keep in close contact with my family and friends who live on the opposite side of the country). Anyhow, I know I don't have the receipt and that the 90 day warranty is over, but the fact that the 5th Generation came out only a few months ago and mine is already broken without taking any abuse is ridiculous... I feel very jipped and am definitely not wanting to invest anymore of my money into Apple if this is the quality that is supposed to be expected.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment